Monday, May 7, 2012

Life goes on after love has gone


No one ever taught us how to deal with the pain of a broken heart, we don't get taught anything real about relationships in school, we just have to learn from our own lessons.
It doesn't matter how young or old you are, anybody can love and anybody can have their heart broken.
After recently having my heart TRULY broken for the first time, I've realised that all the quotes that I've read on heartbreak, all the reactions to heartbreak you see in films, all the lyrics you hear in songs about heartbreak - they're all true, down to a tee.
You can never under estimate how much power loving someone can have over you. 
Since going through my break up, and still going through it, I've realised how slow time goes now that I'm not spending it with him. Seconds turn to minutes, minutes turn to hours, hours turn to days, days turn to months, and so on and so forth. My beds completely cold compared to the warmth it used to have in it every night, all of a sudden a - smaller than - double bed, feels like a - bigger than - king size bed. And all of a sudden, it seems like I've lost my whole meaning to life. 
How? How can i possibly lose meaning to my life at the age of 19?! I'm 19 years old and I'm going through heartbreak as though I've just been widowed by a man that I'd been married to for the best part of my life.
But I've realised,I'm too young to just pause my life just because one person, one boy, has left me. Why should my friends have to lose out on my personality just because of the way HE has made me feel? Why should my family walk on egg shells around me because of the way HE hurt my feelings? Why should I feel like I've lost the best part of my life when he's having the time of his life?
Your destiny lies in NO-ONE. If people leave you, they are meant to leave you.
As much as you may not want it to be over, that person is just not meant to have that connection to you in life.
And one day someone will make you feel worthwhile again and all those negative thoughts that, that one person put in your head about relationships, they'll begin to fade.
Love is just a part of life, not the main priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment