Thursday, May 3, 2012

Being Remembered


What is the purpose of life? It’s a pretty philosophical question, I know. For some, it’s just to live life to the fullest. This is great and all, but I really would like to be remembered. I want to affect other people to the point that I helped them live a better life. 
It really depresses me when some people just want to get by, and that’s it. That’s essentially saying that you, as a human, have no effect on the outcome of others’ lives. I see this most commonly with firm believers in fate. I believe in fate to a point, but I also think we have the ability to determine our own paths, whatever they may be. 
Some may say, “How the heck can I make a difference, when I just want my loved-ones to survive and have a better life than I did?” To that I say that seeing you helping and empowering others will make your loved-ones appreciate the action of helping and empowering others. If everyone just worries about their immediate families, your communities, states, countries, globe will suffer as a whole.
As an end-note, embrace change. Use it to your advantage. Don’t let others tell you that changing is always a bad thing.
“Change is a triumph of humanity.” - Biz Stone of Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment