Pretty is as pretty does. A smile is the best start. But seriously, these days, anything goes. Just remember, if you use too much of any one thing, you look trashy. Here are my Top 10 makeup necessities =))
1. Concealer The original purpose of concealer was to hide dark circles under the eyes.
2. Liquid foundation maybe you want one that fills in even if you dont have them.
3. Finishing Powder to set your makeup.
4. Rosy Blush, its a popular look for pale skin. Blend it into the apples of your cheeks.
5. Mascara you would probably want a more neutral shade like brown, since you have fair skin. dont go for the jet black.
6. Eyeliner again dont go for the jet black. a sliver or gold will make your eyes sparkle. a brown will draw attention to your eyes.
7. Lip Gloss use it as an everyday look. it adds the finishing touch.
8. Bold Lipcolor on most makeup sites they will give you a suggestion of shades for your skintone. or you could go to a makeup store and have them shade you for free.
9. Make sure you take care of your skin before . a makeup primer is essential. there are different ones for your face, eyes, and lips. find the one that is right for your skin type(mousturizing, oil absorbing, anti-aging).
10. Something you may like to try after your done applying make up is a highlighting stick. you rub it on certian points on your face to bring them out and make them appear brighter. such as the top of your nose, under eyes, or cheeks.